Safety is your #1 priority
Wherever you are and wherever you go, your first priority is to ensure your safety and the safety of your loved ones.
These 15 tips will help you do that. If you’d like to add to this list, leave a comment in the section below.
This episode of the Womanly Art of Self-Defense is sponsored by Ardent Media where passion meets purpose.
Top 15 Safety Tips
- Always have a way home from wherever you are
- Always have money for the bus, a taxi, a ferry, or a train
- Always have a fully charged phone
- Always have at least a 1/2 tank of gas
- Always walk with your head up
- Always walk like you’ve got somewhere to be
- Always think of what you wear or carry as a potential weapon
- Always know where you’ve parked your car
- Always lock your doors and windows
- Always ask for ID before unlocking your door
- Always watch people who’ve entered your home
- Always listen to your gut
- Always check your car before getting inside
- Always have a plan of “escape” when out on a date with someone new
- Always keep track of your drink
Badass Women in History Moment:
- In 1868, she owned the first female-run stock brokerage company
- In 1870, she founded and published the Woodhull & Clafin’s Weekly, a radical paper that was the first to publish the English translation of Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto.
- In 1872, she ran for US President with (quite possibly) the abolitionist Frederick Douglas as her running mate on the Equal Rights Party ticket.
Safety Tip of the Week:
Know how to change your spare tire.
THANK YOU and SHOUT OUT
Check out Jesse’s new podcast, Turning Cartwheels.