GET YOUR PARTY CLOTHES ON! IT’S TIME TO RING IN A NEW YEAR!
Normally I’d be all about creating a brand, spankin’ new post for the new year, but today is about efficiency. I’ve got friends coming over tonight, a house to clean, appetizers to make, and the family unit just requested chocolate cake – from scratch, of course.
I’ve got exactly two important things to share with you today.
#1. Go read the post I just wrote for Kori Miller Writes. It’s timely.
#2. Be smart. Be safe.
I know there’s a lot of parties happening tonight. Have a great time!
But be smart.
- Indulge, but don’t overdo.
- Eat real food before you drink alcohol.
- Have a buddy (one who isn’t drinking would be awesome.)
- Have a backup transportation plan.
- Dress sensibly sexy. (Heels are a pain in the ass to run in if you need to. I’m not saying you’ll need to. I’m just saying you should think about what you’re wearing. I go for “comfortably sexy” when I venture out with my hubby. And yes, my shoes double as weapons.)
Oh, Kori, don’t be such a party-pooper.
I’m not. I’m a realist. And when alcohol starts flowing like a fountain, it’s pretty damn important that your situational awareness level is at least one step above white.
Speaking of … make sure your phone is full charged.
Kori, now you’re into it! I’ll be taking a lot of pictures, tonight.
That’s great! You should take a few pics of your amazing evening with family, friends, or complete strangers. But that’s not why your phone needs to be fully charged.
Kori, you’re bringing me down, again.
Sorry. I want you to have a great time! And I’m sure you will. But I also wanted to give you a little reminder to be smart and be safe as you ring in 2016.
That’s all I got! It’s time to get things ready for our very small New Year’s celebration.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!